It’s getting colder, and so many people put the bike until spring in the barn. The cold quickly is for many people a reason not to continue with their bike workouts. A gym would be a good solution to go, but not everyone has the time for that. A more standard solution is also home to purchase a training device that can go indoors with your bike training. You have this five options:
- Exercise Bike
- Best recumbent exercise bike (exercise bike)
- Spinning Bike
- Cycle trainer
- Rolling road
In this article, we will discuss the exercise bike, and we give advice when purchasing an exercise bike. What to look for when buying an exercise bike and what differences there are between the brands and types of bikes. We will also discuss what advantages does an exercise bike over other exercise machines.
Exercise Bike Benefits
One of the biggest benefits of an exercise bike is that you can start immediately. There is little guidance look at the use of an exercise bike, bikes can we clear all and requires little explanation. An exercise bike is also one of the best fitness machines for cardiovascular training. Such training reduces the risk of diabetes and the risk of heart disease. Regular use improves on an exercise bike your fitness and increases your lung capacity, so you have more energy. It will also train regularly lead to weight loss, although it should be noted that the calorie or slightly lower compared with other cardiovascular exercise machines.
Compared to other exercise equipment do you have a reduced risk of injury on an exercise bike? It is also an ideal training device for people with joint problems. Compared with, for example running, the pressure on your joints much smaller on an exercise bike. For restoration of joint pain is an exercise bike also advisable because you need to load the body entirely.
Type of Exercise Bike
There are two types of exercise bikes, the upright exercise bike, and recumbent model. The best-selling exercise bike is the ‘standard’ upright exercise bike, which mainly corresponds to an average bike. When recumbent model denotes lower, making it particularly useful for people who have difficulty with the higher entry of an upright exercise bike or individuals who suffer from sitting on a saddle. The recumbent name is a bit misleading because you are not on a recumbent, but just sitting very upright on a larger area. Research shows that cycling on a recumbent better remains blood flow underway, and less acidification occurs. Also recommend a recumbent for people with back problems, because there is less pressure exerted on your spine because you are not connected with a bent back over the steering wheel.
Besides the typical exercise bike and recumbent bike, you also have the choice of a spinning bike, but this is in addition to that he is very similar to an exercise bike very different from an exercise bike. At a spinning bicycle keeps the pedals turning namely, while you can also rest your legs on an exercise bike without pedals continue running.
Tips for buying an exercise bike
- Adjustable seat height is important that you can adjust the exercise bike in height. Often you are not alone on the exercise bike uses, so it is imperative that you can change easily and quickly in height at least the saddle and also horizontally slightly forward or to turn back. At more advanced bikes is usually adjusting the steering possibility. Correct cycling posture is critical to train well and do not experience back or sore.
- Resistance Levels – The difference in resistance levels is high among different bikes. So look right or that the resistance levels at the exercise bike you have in mind to meet your personal requirements. Modern bikes have advanced training programs hill training or interval training. Such a change in resistance is good for your fitness and make cycling on an exercise bike less tiring. Also, it is a challenge to cycle different training levels.
- To create resistance four systems for sale: bloke, band brake, magnet, and induction. These systems provide resistance on the flywheel. Brake pads have the same effect as the ordinary bike and so just like a regular bike wear very sensitive. You do not see them thus much more on bikes. The band brake is sometimes still widely used. This works using a group which is pulled tight around the flywheel. Disadvantages of a bloke and a band brake are that it can lead to irregular steps and produce a lot of noise. A solution to these two problems are the slightly more expensive bikes that use magnets or induction (magnets). The difference between the two is that the distance between the magnet and the flywheel, the specific resistance at an ordinary magnet, magnetic induction within a determined, the electric current of the magnet to the strength. The stronger the magnet, there arises, the more resistance. Induction is ideal for training programs and heart rate controlled training.
- Monitor virtually any exercise machine has a screen showing minimum speed, time and distance. Also, you can put on a lot of these “bike computers” read what was the number of revolutions (RPM), the power (watts), calories, resistance and heart rate reading. Advanced bikes use this information to adjust the bike training on your personal needs. It is also possible with some of the home trainers to read out the results on a computer.
- Not enough space at home to place a reliable exercise bike at home? Then there is the possibility to buy an exercise bike on wheels or a folding model.